Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays

I hope everyone is having a safe and very Happy Holidays! We are finally getting into the spirit around here. We decorated our tree last weekend and my brother and I hung the stockings and garland on the fireplace this week along with starting the holiday baking!

I asked our Facebook fans what their favorite treats were. Our must haves this year are (with pictures of course):

Peppermint Meringue's
My mothers favorite, Spritz!

Chocolate Chip with Heath pieces


I was also taught how to make English Toffee and Fudge this year. Very exciting! I know you must be drooling and we did have a request for the Meringue recipe so here it is:

Meringue Cookies

4 Egg Whites - 4 tbsp for those who have egg white cartons
1 1/2 C Sugar
2 t Vanilla
1/4 t Cream of Tarter
1/4 t Salt
8 oz. chocolate chips OR 4 candy canes crushed to small pieces

Beat egg whites until frothy. Add salt & tarter. Gradually add sugar. Beat until thick and glossy and you have stiff peaks. This may take a while. You may get concerned that it is taking too long but it isn't. Keep your mixer at medium speed and just keep mixing. Fold in either your choice of chocolate chips and vanilla or to make our version just add the candy cane pieces.

Line cookie sheet with wax paper and spoon on 1" size dollops ( I always make my cookies larger) bake at 300 for 25 minutes until cookies have poofed a bit and are nice and crackled like our image above.

Simple and easy! We are already deciding what to put in our next batch.



One last note before we all scramble back into our Holiday preparations. Our schedule is now posted up on the right hand side. Above our lovely Etsy banner. I will keep this as updated as possible.

Thank you all for a fantastic and incredible year! We really do love each and every one of you and it is still a great honor to be a part of so many lives. Have a safe and happy holidays!


Xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment