Monday, November 5, 2012

Baby Michael Update

Well, our little boy is turning out to have his mothers "you cant push me into doing anything I don't want to do" attitude. 

We are now past due based on his last ultrasound. Though we know due dates are really just guesses we are running out of time. He has made some progress towards dropping, dilating, and effacing, but not enough to show that he will be arriving soon.

Needless to say it has been an emotional week for me. We had high hopes of delivering at The Birth & Wellness Center of Gainesville with the fantastic midwives we have seen throughout our entire pregnancy. We feel incredibly comfortable there and since I have never needed to go to the hospital for anything - stitches and broken bones included - the thought of a hospital birth and a possible C Section has been intense.

Nothing has terrified me more than the thought of a C Section. I do understand that in some cases it really is the safest way for both mom and baby but the thought of not seeing our first child for the first hour+ of his life sent me into an emotional melt down. Thankfully, the hospital we will be directed to now has a policy to place baby on moms chest first thing. PHEW!

I've been of the mind this entire time that I wanted to avoid a hospital at all costs. Based on our previous experience, thought not terribly negative, the hospital just wasn't for us! We are looking forward to the first hour of bonding and breastfeeding, delaying his cord cutting so he gets all the nutrients he needs, being able to labor in multiple positions as well as the tub, and being able to go home within hours if everyone looks good. It is an odd transition for me but I am to the point that I just want him here. 

I just want to hold my son and know that this truly is happening.

After 5 years of waiting, hoping, trying, and praying that we conceive to know that I haven't just been dreaming. 

Physically I feel great! I could be pregnant forever! Seeing a Chiropractor for my hips has been exceptional! I highly recommend seeing one throughout pregnancy! My mom was saying today that I don't have the "waddle" and I actually move around fairly well, even for my size. (We wont talk about my weight gain!!)

So, it looks like either way our son will be here in the next week or so. What does that mean for the shop? Well, we will be closed for a couple of weeks to spend that precious time with him. I hope to open back up for Black Friday with a sale for everyone. We should have a 1-2 week turn around at that time so we will be able to accept Christmas orders. We just ask that you PLEASE do not wait until the last second to order! We run into a lot of canceled orders this time of year due to people not checking our turn around or ordering in advance. 

We appreciate you all more than you realize and really can't thank you enough for allowing my husband and I to work together and be home with our son.

I'll leave you with a parting maternity photo shoot image. Hopefully my next blog post is Michaels birth story!!

Thank you to the fabulous Mckeeby Photography!! Please be sure to find her on facebook and show her some love!




Xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. Don't stress about how he gets here. There is no way to control it. Either way you will be in good hands, even if its not your first choice. Michael will be here, healthy and happy and you and Dale will be adoring parents. Enjoy that sweet boy. Cant wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete